Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Third Day of December...Better Late than Never

I like this pattern.

In truth, I think everybody likes this pattern.

I think Lene Bjørn likes this pattern, because she made it the center of the cover of her book.
Illustrations: The book is filled with black and white illustrations, exactly as you see on the front cover--white snowflakes on a black background. Fortunately, each snowflake is pictured. Unfortunately, the book is half-sized, so the pictures of the snowflakes are only about 2 in x 2 in (6 cm x 6 cm). Thankfully the diagrams are really good, and the photos are for the most part unnecessary.

It's just so pretty!!!

The pattern is "The Third Day of December" and it is beautiful to look at and fun to tat!

It is also the third pattern in the book, which I am slowly moving through and enjoying every minute.

And, for the record, I did finish The Second Day of December, too. :)

8 comments:

  1. This is my favorite in the book, it's a lovely book of snowflakes I really enjoyed doing nearly all of them, only one tried to beat me.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've done six, but am definitely intimidated by a few down the road! :)

      Delete
  2. It is my favorite book too. and love the side view of the ordainment you see all the fluffiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it was a fun view, you don't always see the 3D aspects of tatting! :)

      Delete
  3. As Jane says exquisite
    I have now owned the book for over a year but haven't made any of the snowflakes, but so enjoy seeing others who have made them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally. I think I bought my copy last year after being inspired by other tatters, and waited to work any of the patterns until this December so I could do one per day, never dreaming I would be moving in the middle of it all! So, it's not working out the way I planned, but oh well! :)

      Delete