Saturday, March 15, 2014

Starting Renulek's Spring Doily and Finishing Another (Motifs 9 and 10)

Howdy.

Sorry. It's been a while.

I've had a bit of a horrible week...first of all, my hubby has been away at a training, so it's been sad and lonely around the house, and then, last Saturday my baby had a major health scare after he ingested an entire 100g dark chocolate bar that he found in my purse (which is not a good thing for a 25-lb terrier mix).

THANKFULLY Russia has 24-hr vets and thankfully I knew enough Russian to explain what happened, and thankfully the vets knew what to do and quickly, so THANKFULLY my dog is here with me happy and healthy today (although I don't think he enjoyed having his stomach pumped, poor thing).
 Yikes.

 So, with all that going on I have not been doing much tatting...but I have managed to finish up one project and start another:
Motif 9: Doily by Adelheid Dangela in the Ring of Tatters' 30th Anniversary Book of Patterns tatted in size 80 Lizbeth

I also started Renulek's Spring Doily a week or so ago, and thanks to a (major) thread infusion [because of course I needed that ;)], have continued this week:
Motif 10: The first round of Renulek's Doily
Here is round 2:

 And the newly finished round 3:


So far I am enjoying this tat, but I'm kind of confused as to how to start round 4 (two shuttles CTW or shuttle and ball...) Any suggestions from those who have passed this point?

13 comments:

  1. Lovely colours. I'm not yet working on Spring Doily, so can't help, sorry. I'm glad doggy is ok. My son's Rhodesian Ridgeback used to like to steal chocolate, but never seemed to suffer ill effects. I was mortified once when he ate a whole box of very expensive chocolates a house guest had brought as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane! I'm glad to hear that other people's dogs like chocolate, too...it makes me feel SLIGHTLY less guilty about it! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, they LOVE chocolate! Have done the stomach pumping before myself.

    I like your new start and the doily you finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Two weeks later and he is totally ok (thank goodness!) :) Glad to know I'm not the only one who has had to have this done!

      Delete
  3. Many years ago, my Beagle managed to eat an entire tin of smoked oysters! Not chocolate, but definitely not for canine tummies! She survived and never had them again! Glad Pip is happy again.

    Lovely work here, Kristen!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fox! My parents had a beagle who would eat ANYTHING--she routinely visited the neighbors' trash cans and then we would have to guess what she'd eaten when she got sick on the carpet. She lived to be 17, so I guess it worked out for her. Silly dogs eating everything!

      Delete
    2. Garbage must be advantageous in a Beagle's diet... Biscuit also lived a good long life, in spite of all the pilfering she managed to do! She was in her 17th year when she went to that big restaurant in the sky!
      : ))

      Delete
  4. Glad your dog is healthy again. For round four I used two shuttles. That third ring that faces the opposite direction as the other two should be tattooed with the second shuttle, like throwing a ring off a chain. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I ended up using two shuttles and (after a bit of practice) think the round worked out well. :) I appreciate your suggestion!

      Delete
  5. Your blue doily is beautiful and I love the color!!! :)
    And it looks like you are off to a good start on your spring doily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The spring doily is fun, and it's great to see the different color schemes being used by everyone who is doing it! :)

      Delete
  6. Wouahou!! It's very beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It has been fun to break out a little bit of color! :)

      Delete