Thursday, August 20, 2015

State Fair Time -- Purple Might Be My New Favorite Color!



OK, so please forgive me for what may seem like bragging, but I'm just so pleased!

It's Fair time again and this year I finally achieved a long-held goal: BEST OF SHOW for tatting at the Iowa State Fair!! :)
The basic pattern is made in size 40 Lizbeth, and came from a pattern in "Workbasket" magazine. I added the flowers at the ends and middle of the necklace, and used the basic pattern to create the earrings and bracelet. The flower is actually a snowflake pattern from an Italian Christmas book, "Natale con il Chiacchierino Ad Ago" by Alicja Kwartnik.

This was my only blue ribbon this year, but I also received a 2nd place (red) on my bookmark,
my set of three Christmas Tree ornaments (far left)
and the small Rose and Thistle doily (far right)

I also got third place (white ribbon) for my stupid and frustrating handkerchief edging (I am SO excited to see the written feedback on that!) and fourth (pink) on that white collar.


All-in-all, happiness abounds. :)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations :-D
    You can do the happy dance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That necklace looks so elegant, and wow best of show! Congratulations on all! Makes me wish I entered this year, but a bit too late for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! All fabulous work. I especially love the the necklace set. I'm glad you get written feedback - I had hoped for that from both my county fair and state fair the first time I entered, but was disappointed when I didn't receive any feedback at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Kristen!

    Feedback is so important. The fair I submit to doesn't provide it.

    Also, in Canada, the favourite colour is RED! I wonder why the U.S. And Canada are different in this instance....off I go to Google!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Beautiful work, all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, congratulations, best in show, hooray!! And other places too, very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on best of show!!! That is so exciting! Good job on the other pieces, too. I love getting feed back from the judges, good or bad. I helps me know what they were looking at/for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations and well done on best in show, Beautiful necklace
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete